Click here when having trouble connecting
- Is there a charge for downloading or using the app?
- The app is available free of charge.
- Do I need to register to use the app?
- If you are using the app for the first time, you will need to register using your e-mail address or SNS account.
- Can I use the app on a PC or Windows Phone?
- The app cannot be used on a PC or Windows Phone.
However, you can use most of the free Wi-Fi services that are compatible with the app without the need to use the app itself.
For more information on how to connect to the Internet without using the app, please contact the suppliers of the free Wi-Fi services.
Running the App for the First Time
- After installing the app, can I use the free Wi-Fi spots without registering as a user?
- If you are using the app for the first time, you will need to register as a user.
Please run the app using a reliable Internet connection, such as a home Wi-Fi connection or similar, to complete the user registration process.
Also, please make sure to update the app to the latest version before using it.
- When I run the app for the first time, it seems to get stuck displaying the message "Now getting the data."
- This means that the app is downloading the app's latest data.
If you are using an unstable connection, such as 3G, this process may take some time.
- When I run the app for the first time, sometimes the screen becomes completely white and nothing is displayed.
- This means that the app data has not been downloaded successfully.
If you are running the app for the first time using an unstable connection, such as 3G, or if your smartphone does not have enough available storage, the app will be unable to run successfully.
Please terminate the app and check that you have enough space available on your smartphone. Then restart the app again using a stable Internet connection.
- I have registered my e-mail address, but I cannot go on to the next screen.
- We have sent an e-mail containing an URL to the e-mail address that you have specified.
Please click on the URL contained in the e-mail to continue with the registration process.
- I have registered my e-mail address, but I have not received an e-mail.
- Please verify that your e-mail address has been registered correctly.
To amend your e-mail address, go to the app screen and tap on "Return to the registration screen" to register once again.
Also, if you have filters or any other settings configured in your e-mail software, please make sure that e-mails from "@wifi-cloud.jp" are allowed to get through.
- I accessed the URL, but I cannot go on to the next screen.
- On the app screen, tap on "Registration Status Confirmation."
If your registration has been successful, you will be able to move on to the registration completion screen.
Otherwise, tap on "Back to Registration Screen" to register once again.
- The URL I was sent has expired.
- If you do not access the URL sent to you via e-mail within 24 hours of registering your e-mail address, all your registered information will be deleted.
Tap on "Back to Registration Screen" to register once again.
- Can I register even if I am not connected to the Internet?
- You will need to be connected to the Internet to register as a user.
Please use a reliable Internet connection, such as a home Wi-Fi connection or similar, to complete the user registration process.
- If I use my SNS account to register as a user, will my registration be displayed or posted on my timeline?
- The app will never display data or post articles on your timeline.
- Can I use an e-mail address or SNS account that I have already registered to complete the user registration for the Japan Connected-free Wi-Fi app on another smartphone?
- Yes, you can.
However, you will need to complete your user registration once for each device.
- During user registration for a "d アカウント" the display reads "ページが読み込めませんでした。"
- Tap the button at the bottom right of the screen to close, return to the user registration page, and try registering again.
By tapping the the button at the bottom left of the screen to go back, this page may be displayed.
To return to user registration, use the button to close and return.
- Can I change or delete my user information?
- Once content is registered, it cannot be changed.If information such as email addresses have been changed, we ask that you uninstall this app from your device, and after re-installing the app, to please re-register your information.
When deleting registered content, please uninstall this app from your device.
Registered content will be completely deleted after a designated period of time(maximum 90 days).
- Is there any limit on the number of hours or times for connecting to the Wi-Fi service?
- This depends on the free Wi-Fi service.
Please use the app's "Search" functionality to get more information on the Wi-Fi spots that you want to use.
- Is free Wi-Fi available across the whole building of the establishments featured in the app?
- This depends on the free Wi-Fi service.
There are not many spots that offer free Wi-Fi areas across the whole building, so please make sure to look out for the Wi-Fi stickers at each establishment.
- While I am connected to the Internet, the web site of the free Wi-Fi service is displayed randomly.
- If you have your device's Wi-Fi configuration set to ON, when your device detects a connection that it has used in the past, it will automatically display the portal site of that Wi-Fi service.
If you do not want your device to connect automatically, you can set its Wi-Fi configuration to OFF or the automatic connection for a particular SSID to OFF.
- If I select the SSID of a compatible free Wi-Fi service, the log-in screen of that free Wi-Fi service is randomly displayed.
- Some Wi-Fi services display their log-in screen automatically.
Close this screen and tap on the Japan Connected-free Wi-Fi's "Connect" button and you will be able to connect quickly.
- I do not know the SSID of a compatible free Wi-Fi service.
- On an Android device, even if you do not know the SSID, you can tap on "Connect" to automatically connect to any available free Wi-Fi services.
On an iOS device, you can go the app screen's "Find > SSID List" to see a list of compatible SSIDs.
- I am connected to the SSID of a compatible free Wi-Fi service, but I cannot connect to the Internet.
- Even if your device has detected a connection, in some cases you may not be able to connect successfully, such as if there are obstacles in the way causing a weak connection, or if you are experiencing a busy period with many people trying to use the connection at the same time.
Please move to another location or try again at a different time of day.
- The connection is very slow.
- Our service is dependent on the communication speed of the free Wi-Fi services.
Please note that there may be a variety of reasons why a connection is slow, including your location, number of simultaneous users, how busy your device is, how busy the web site you are trying to access is, and the like.
- 【New】If you are unable to connect to Japan Connected-free Wi-Fi's free Wi-Fi service
- Android users ＞
iOS users ＞
Using the Internet
- Are there any web sites or smartphone apps that I cannot access?
- Some free Wi-Fi services may have web sites that are not accessible, due to filtering functionality applied for the protection of young people, or other similar configurations.
Similarly, some smartphone apps that connect to the Internet may have some filtering settings applied to them.
- Can I connect to a site that requires a secure connection?
- This depends on the free Wi-Fi service.
To make a secure connection, please refer to the "Simple Manual for Wi-Fi Users" provided by the Ministry of Internal Affairs and Communications.
- Current location is not displayed on the off line map.
- If location services are set to [OFF] then the current location cannot be displayed.
In the device's [SETTINGS] please switch location services to If the current location still cannot be displayed, it is possible that the current location is outside the display area of the map.
- "Map data has been deleted" is displayed when the off line map is opened.
- This message is displayed when the device's cache data has been deleted.
Please download the map again from the "off line map" page.
- Upon starting the app, "New content is available. Please update," is displayed.
- This is displayed when a new functional area or feature has been added. In order to use the app with the latest information, please update."
Is it possible to change the app's language?
- Is it possible to change the app's language?
- The app's language is automatically selected by the device's language settings. If you would like to change the app's language, please change the device's language in the language & region settings.