Article 1. Definitions
Personal Information Protection Policy
Article 2. Items of information to be acquired, purposes of use, methods of acquisition
When the Application is used, the following items of User information will be gathered for the following purposes.
1． Users’ personal information
Users’ personal information will be gathered for the following purposes.
With regard to email addresses or SNS account information, the details entered by the User themselves are acquired.
- For the management and operation of the Application.
- For the use of public wireless LAN access services through Wi-Fi connections that support the Application.
- To contact the User when the need arises.
2．User attribute information
User information will be acquired for the following purposes. Although this information cannot be used on its own to identify specific individuals, information that is to be managed with the same degree of strictness as personal information is referred to generally as “attribute information.” The Company handles any attribute information acquired through the Application just as strictly as personal information.
Information regarding the User’s gender, age, usage area and expected length of stay are obtained from the details entered by the User themselves. Various types of settings information, such as OS language information when the Application is used, and the User’s IP address and Application operation log, are acquired automatically via the Application. Operation logs include GPS information when the Application is operated, positional information based on the access point information when W-Fi connection is made, operation details, the ID attributed to the User by the Application, time, SSID and BSSID.
- To confirm the User’s own Service usage status, in order to properly respond to the User’s queries.
- To investigate the number of Users of the Application.
- To analyze the usage conditions so that the Application’s functions may be improved.
- To analyze the usage conditions of the Application as statistical information, for use in local tourism and disaster prevention measures.
The attribute information gathered by the Company and used in analysis will not include any of the User’s personal information. Also, attribute information will not be linked to any information that may be used to identify a particular User.
3．Users' positional information
Among the user attribute information obtained based on Paragraph 2, GPS information and other positional information (hereinafter "positional information") based on the access point when a Wi-Fi connection is made, including SSID and BSSID, are used for procedures to use public wireless LAN access services through applicable Wi-Fi connections, which represent the key feature of this Application, as well as for support with Wi-Fi connections and to provide information about Wi-Fi spots through maps, etc.
In particular, positional information based on the access point when a Wi-Fi connection is made is only used when this Application is running in the background if the user has given their permission in order to enable the following features.
- Automatically make an applicable Wi-Fi connection
- Login to the Wi-Fi connection and use public wireless LAN access services
Even when location information is used in the background, it will not be recorded or recquired for purposes other than those described in section 2 (e.g., periods when the user is not connected to Wi-Fi).
Article 3. Consent
2. The Company gathers positional information and Application operation details from the use of the Application along with attribute information, and analyzes these as statistical information. The results of the analysis are used for the improvement of the Application’s functions, and provided to Area Owners for use in local tourism and disaster prevention measures.
Article 4. External transmissions
1. Information acquired in accordance with the provisions of Article 2 is transmitted to a server in the Company and used to the extent of the purposes of use.
2. The "Inquiries" feature of this app uses the following external services.
Information obtained through an enquiry will only be used for the purposes of responding to the enquiry and improving the features of the app.
Provider company: Basic Inc.
Acquisition items: Email address, device metadata (OS version, app version, product ID, etc.)
Provision to third parties: None
3. The application incorporates information collection modules from other companies in order to analyze usage for the purpose of function improvement and to measure the effectiveness of advertising placement for the purpose of paying advertising agencies for this service.
Provider company: Adjust GmbH
Acquisition items: User ID, Device ID, Usage Data, Device Metadata(OS version, Adjust SDK and so on)
Purpose of use: Creation of statistical data for functional improvement in a form that does not identify individuals and measurement of the effectiveness of ad placement
Provision to third parties: None
Article 5. Provision to third parties
Of the information acquired in accordance with the provisions of Article 2, Paragraph 2, attribute information is analyzed as statistical information and, with the customer’s consent, may be provided to Area Owners. Positional information acquired and used in analysis by the Company is not linked to any information that could be used to identify a specific individual. Further, any data extracted from the server for analysis as statistical information is promptly discarded after analysis.
Article 6. Method of User Involvement
1. In this application, the e-mail address registered by the user, social media accounts, the gender, age, usage area, and planned length of stay of the user, the IP address of the user acquired automatically by the application, and application operation log data are automatically erased when the application is uninstalled or otherwise not used for a certain length of time. If you wish for this information to be deleted, please stop using the application.
２. Regarding notification of the purpose of use of personal information or disclosure of personal information or records related to the provision of personal information to third parties (hereinafter "disclosure, etc."), or the correction, addition, deletion, of personal information by methods other than that provided for in the previous paragraph or suspension of use of personal information or suspension of its provision to third parties (hereinafter "correction, etc."), any requests for such (hereinafter "requests for disclosure, correction, etc.") will be handled in accordance with the following procedures.
(1) Where to submit requests for disclosure, correction, etc.
NTT Broadband Platform, Inc.
Urbannet Kanda Building, 3-6-2 Uchikanda, Chiyoda-ku, Tokyo 101-0047
0120-261065 (10 am - 5 pm, excluding Saturdays, Sundays, national holidays, and year-end/New Year holidays)
(2) Procedures for disclosure, correction, etc.
a. Procedures for disclosure, etc.
When a customer has requested disclosure, etc., the Company will respond by the method of either provision of electromagnetic records, delivery of documents, or other method specified by the Company, as requested by the customer. However, when the Company has determined that disclosure by the method requested by the customer is difficult, the Company will inform the customer of said fact and the reason therefor, and will conduct disclosure by written documentation. In either case, a request for disclosure, etc. by the customer will be made through submission in writing in a format prescribed in advance by the Company.
When a request for disclosure, etc. has been made, the Company may not disclose requested information, in whole or in part, in accordance with the provisions of the Act on the Protection of Personal Information. In this case, the Company will provide notification of the fact of and the reasons for not performing disclosure, etc. In the case that the disclosure of personal information would infringe on the confidentiality of communications or would entail the risk of harm to the life, person, property, or other rights and interests of a person, the Company may not disclose the requested personal information, in whole or in part, to agents.
Customers who wish for disclosure, etc., are requested to contact the location for submission noted in (1). above. The Company will provide details of procedures.
b. Procedures for correction, etc.
When a customer has made a request for correction, etc., the Company will investigate the content of the request. In this case, a request for correction, etc. by the customer will be made through submission in writing in a format prescribed in advance by the Company.
If it is found through the investigation that the content of personal information is not true, if risk to the rights or legitimate interests of customers exists, or if the Company other deems handling of the personal information to be inappropriate, the Company will make corrections, etc.
When a request for correction, etc. has been made, the Company may not correct information, in whole or in part, in accordance with the provisions of the Act on the Protection of Personal Information. In this case, the Company will provide notification of the fact of and the reasons for not making corrections, etc.
Customers who wish for correction, etc., are requested to contact the location for submission noted in (1). above. The Company will provide details of procedures.
(3) Identity verification, etc.
When making requests for disclosure, correction, etc., documentation enabling confirmation of the identity of the individual to which the personal information pertains, or the agent of said individual, is required. Contact the location for submission noted in (1). above for details of necessary documentation.
(4) Fees, etc. related to requests for disclosure, etc. of personal information Fee: ¥440 (including ¥40 yen corresponding to consumption tax) for each request related to one contract (one customer ID, etc.)
Shipping: Cost of mailing via Japan Post registered mail
Billing method: The cost will be added to billing for the Company's usage fees. (For customers other than those contracting with the Company, payment will be made together with the request for disclosure.)
Contact the location for submission noted in (1). above for details of fee amounts, etc.
The content of this Personal Information Protection Policy notwithstanding, the Company will continue to handle verbal and email inquiries from customers at the Information Desk, etc.
Article 7. Service termination and handling of information
The use of the Application may be terminated by the User’s deletion (uninstalling) of the Application.
Article 8. Link to personal information protection policy
Article 9. Disclosure and provision of information
- Where required by law.
- Where necessary in order to protect human life, limb or property, and where the consent of the User is difficult to obtain.
- Where a state agency or local public body or their designee, requires cooperation in accordance with statutory provisions, and where the consent of the User would or might constitute a hindrance to such cooperation.
- Other situations, within socially acceptable limits, where the Company judges that the consent of the User would be difficult to obtain.
Article 10. Enquiries
Please use the "Send email inquiry" function in the application for questions or inquiries about the handling of user information within this application.
Article 11. Changes
In the event of important revisions, Users will be contacted again for their consent.
Revised on January 25, 2021
Revised on february 5, 2021
Revised on January 31, 2022
Revised on April 7, 2022
Revised on April 27, 2022